Friday 18 March 2011

The Past

The past has away of creeping up on us all
For we carry it around like a chain and a ball

The past can provoke quite a mixture of feelings
That I try to analyse to discover their meanings

The past has its own way of telling our tale
Did I learn to let it go, will I be destined to fail?
Stay stuck in the past and never move forward
To not deal with these feelings, am I a coward?

The past could be full of much sorrow and regret
Can I block out my past, could I learn to forget
The past, the pain and mistakes that I now see
Can I learn to let go or will I let it destroy me?

To not dwell on the past is the least I can do
Look forward to my future, let my actions be true
To myself first of all then the people around me
Live my life to the full, it is the future that I see

© Nicola Marinkovic

No comments:

Post a Comment